CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Palestine Music Connect
Incubator for music projects in Palestine
What is Palestine Music Connect?
Palestine Music Connect, is an incubator for Palestinian music projects.
Palestine Music Connect aims to support Palestinian bands by training and broadcasting live and streaming concerts.
This support will take place March to October 2022 in Palestine and Montpellier (France)
Our goals :
● Allow you to develop your skills through personalized training sessions led by French and international professionals on artistic, administrative, technical, legal, communication, etc.;
● Stream your music on partner platforms to grow your audience
● Create a competition and allow the winner to take part to a residency in France and to perform at the Arabesques Festival in front of European professionals.
Palestine Music Connect program:
● 3 to 5 bands will be selected by an international jury;
● The bands will benefit from mentoring sessions, every 2 weeks between March and June 2022, by videoconference;
● Concert at the Franco-German Institute in Ramallah (for groups from the West Bank only) and/or streaming of videos on partner networks between March and June 2022.
● Online public vote for the best group during “La fête de la Musique” on June 21st ;
● The winner will go on an artistic residency in Montpellier (France) for a week and will work with a French artist;
● The winner will perform to the Arabesques festival in Montpellier in September 2022 and in Palestine in October 2022, in featuring with a French artist.
Musical aesthetic: Indie, Pop, Rock, Hip-hop
For who ? Duo, trio or quartet bands made up of musicians resident in Palestine, aged over 18, with no age limit.
Members of the bands must:
Have a minimum of three years of musical practice and be engaged in a professional process;
Be available for all the training and the residency;
Speak English or French
- Have an established music project
- Have a presentation of the project: video, soundtracks, presentation file etc.
- Need a boost for the development of the project
When to apply? Before February 28, 2022
How? Fill this form and send video links or audio files representative of your work
February 28: closing of the call for applications
Mid-March: publication of the selection
March to June: Organization of mentoring sessions by videoconference
March to June: Live performance and/or video streaming
June 21st: Online vote of the audience
For the band that won the Audience Award:
September: Artistic residency in Montpellier (France) and concert at the Arabesques Festival + featuring with a French artist
October: concert in Palestine with the French artist
The selection committee:
An international jury composed of the partners will study all the applications and select 3 to 5 participants.
In addition to the quality of the artistic proposals, the jury will pay attention to their need of training and their potential of development.