La Fabrique Cinéma was created by the Institut français in partnership with France Médias Monde, the Société des Auteurs, Compositeurs et Editeurs de Musique (Sacem) and the International Organisation of la Francophonie, with the support of Orange Studio, to help new talented filmmakers from southern and emerging countries. This programme has been developed in close association with the Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film. Ten projects in development (1st or 2nd feature films) are selected and invited to Cannes each year. The aim is to create concrete opportunities for these projects by providing access to different activities and personalized support through one-to-one and group meetings with key players in the film industry.
You will find below the eligibility criteria for the call for applications of the French Institute of Film Institute 2020. There is no registration fee.
REMINDER OF THE MAIN CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- The project must be a 1st or 2nd feature film in development (fiction, documentary or animation)
- The director and the producer must be from an eligible country
- The producer must have already produced a short or feature film in the last five years
- Each director or production company can only submit one project
- Due to the international context of the Cannes Film Market, it is imperative that the director / producer and the producer speak English.
- The file must be complete for the application to be taken into account.
The La Fabrique program promotes the search for French and European co-producers. You do not have to have a co-producer to register.
Projects already having co-producers may also be submitted. Co-producers can not apply directly but must be identified in the form. Any selected project that does not comply with this rule may have its selection questioned.
Entries will be closed upon receipt of the 120th eligible project and no later than the beginning of November 2019. The website will be updated regularly regarding the number of submissions received. https://www.lescinemasdumonde.com/en